Friday, June 09, 2006

DIY GPS

Love do-it-yourself kits? The Lassen iQ FAT16 Datalogger is just what you need.
"Take a Lassen iQ, an SD memory card, a LPC2138 ARM processor, mix in some FAT16 firmware and you get the new GPS logger from Spark Fun Electronics. The Lassen iQ FAT16 Datalogger takes the GPS data from the Lassen iQ and records it onto the SD card in pure, beautiful text file format. This means you can record up to 440 hours onto a 256 megabyte SD card. That's two and a half weeks of every-second GPS location data!"

Steve built a waterproof version, see his journey here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nick said...

I have a Verizon LG cell phone with E911 capability. I have a job where I could really use the GPS data that my cell phone is capable of transmitting/receiving. All I need are the basic GPS coordinates. Is there any way I could tap into my cell phone's GPS without destroying it?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home